Tuesday, February 21, 2012

(Review/Letter) Misibis Bay Stay



Well, let me veer away from the usual review and instead write a thank you letter to the Misibis Bay team on how well we were treated during our stay with them last January. I was able to purchase the deal through Deal Grocer, and it was the best buy I have so far! :) Warning: This might be quite long. :D

Hi Misibis Bay team,

I would just like to extend my family's gratitude to your whole staff. We went there last Jan 9-11 and the service was just superb. We cannot stop raving about it and we're really planning on going back. We were able to purchase the deal through dealgrocer and it was all worth it!

From Nina (of reception who was efficient in checking us in) to Jonas (who helped us out during our Segway Tour), our tour guides during the city tour who let us have a stopover on the Chili Ice Cream restaurant, Jeff (the waiter who super spoiled us during our last dinner there), all the waiters and waitresses who gave us whatever we needed, whenever we needed them, to the AVP Director of Recreations (I'm sorry there's just too many names to remember) who was very accommodating to our requests for the activities and just about everyone who made us feel welcomed and cared for.


Another thing, the room! My family was so happy with it! Next time we come back, we will only request for Villa 22! It was spacious enough and really clean. The beds were comfortable. And the glass wall was a creative touch to the whole room. Come 6 in the evening, someone usually comes in to help us pull down the curtain so that the privacy of the room can be maintained while we sleep. Oh, one last thing! The pool was just outside which is perfect for my mom because she got really cold so fast and wanted to take a shower immediately which is so convenient.




We also had so much fun doing the activities! Our first activity was the city tour which allowed us to view Mt. Mayon in such near proximity. We can't help but ooh and aaah on the magnificence of Mt. Mayon. (And let me tell you, our guides kept on asking if we wanted our pictures taken, which we did! Haha.) We were also able to visit the famous Cagsawa Ruins (usual post card of Mt Mayon) and churches around the city. As I've mentioned, we had a stopover in the Chili Ice Cream restaurant which was a different experience for me. The ice cream was typically cold, but once you swallowed it, you can actually feel the hotness and spiciness of the flavor. There was a sweet aftertaste each bite. We then proceeded to the hotel to check in. And 2 men dancing greeted us! It was raining the whole afternoon of our first day so we just slept and went around the resort to see the facilities.

Our second day was filled with activities. Since our voucher included free use of non-motorized sports equipment, we all tried it! Even both my senior citizen parents were game enough for the activities. After breakfast, we tried the zipline. (It was just a short ride but future expansions are in plan. I think they're just waiting for the equipment for the Superman ride. Woohoo!) And because my sister and I felt bitin, we went on it thrice! And the guides were nice enough to help us. Next were the water sports activities. We already tried the kayak and pedal boat in Acuatico, Batangas so we decided to just try the hobiecat, kneeboard and windsurf. I could hardly pull the sail when I was windsurfing. It was so heavy and difficult. After a few tries (I didn't fall at all and I was able to maneuver it a bit), I decided to let the guide maneuver the whole thing and just sit down. Hahahah. But the best part was the Segway Tour. It's a machine that would allow the driver to maneuver it through leaning forward or backward or sideways! My mom was so quick to learn it. :))

The only, and I'm so sorry to say this, but the only complaint I have was the food. It was just so-so for me for the rates. Nonetheless, the whole experience of dining was also a nice experience because the waiters and waitresses never failed on their great services. One time, I dropped my knife on the table, and lo and behold, they were already offering me another knife. If we wanted something, they would honestly go out their way to give our requests.

My family cannot wait to go back. We're looking for another deal. Hopefully you'll have that in time for summer! I wish I bought 2 vouchers from dealgrocer!

Again, many thanks!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for this detailed review of Misibis Bay, this one is included in our travel list. Deal Grocer is really the best buy for travel coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with you. The deals from Deal Grocer are always good buys since they are usually of high quality even if we pay less (unlike with others who think that by offering cheaper deals, they can compromise the quality.)

    And also, I hope you get to travel to Misibis Bay soon! Although maybe you want to wait until next year since there are future expansion plans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice, we also stayed at villa 22! =)
    we're there last feb3 and 4.

    ReplyDelete